10 Steps to Building a New Home
- CONTACT - SL KOONTZ CONTRACTORS
- SET YOUR BUDGET - SL Koontz will provide you with a list of local lenders who we know personally and work with regularly for you to contact and get prequalified in order to set your budget parameters.
- BUILDING LOT - If you do not already have a building lot we will assist you in finding one. We can also purchase the lot for you and offer you a house/lot package which makes it easier in the loan process.
- PLANS - Bring your plan ideas, pictures, sketches and meet with us and our plan designers to begin drafting your new dream home.
- SELECTIONS - we will guide you through selecting your flooring, cabinets, countertops, doors, windows, etc. in order to get you accurate pricing.
- PRICING – SLKC will take all of your selections, ideas, plans and begin the pricing and estimating process. At completion we will meet with you and present you with a new home construction proposal that details your entire construction from ground up. We offer a complete “turn key” project with NO HIDDEN COSTS.
- CONTRACT - after we have agreed on costs as outlined in our proposal SLKC will provide you with a Contract for your review and signature. You will take the Proposal, Contract, Plans and present to your Lender for final loan approval.
- PERMITS - upon final approval from your Lender, SLKC will request the
1st draw on your home construction loan and apply for the Building Permits.
- BEGIN CONSTRUCTION – permit process usually takes 4-6 weeks. When permits are approved and received by SLKC we will notify you and begin the excavation and land prep to start construction.
- ENJOY WATCHING YOUR NEW HOME FROM THE GROUND UP – SLKC is always available to answer your questions. We will be there with you every step of the way until the day you move in.